“For Ezra had set his heart to study the Law of the LORD, and to do it and to teach his statutes and rules in Israel.” Ezra 7:10
Ezra Bible App is a modern and user-friendly Bible app focussing on topical study based on keywords/tags. This program can help you to easily manage your topical verse lists and verse-based notes on your desktop or tablet computer. Ezra Bible App works with SWORD Bible translation modules and thus enables Bible study in many languages. It runs on Windows, macOS and Linux desktop computers, as well as on Android tablets and Chromebooks. The user interface has been localized to English, Spanish, German, French, Dutch, Romanian, Slovakian, Ukrainian and Russian. Click here to download the latest release for your desktop pc or install the app from the Play Store on your Android tablet or Chromebook.
Usage / Howto / Screenshots
Watch this video to understand how to use Ezra Bible App.
You can also browse through some screenshots and photos on a separate gallery page.
If you have specific questions on how to use Ezra Bible App, feel free to participate in the discussions on GitHub.
Have a look at these howtos for some advanced usecases:
Ezra Bible App comes with the following features:
- Bible browsing with access to all translations from CrossWire’s repositories
- Tagging (topical verse lists)
- Note taking (for verses and Bible books)
- Search in Bible modules and in the currently opened Bible browsing window
- Strongs Dictionary support
- User-friendly interface with tabs
- Switchable light/dark color theme
- User data can be synchronized across multiple devices
- Localizations for English, Spanish, German, Dutch, French, Slovakian, Ukrainian, Russian, Romanian, Brazilian Portuguese
A detailed list of features can be found on a separate page.
An overview of changes per release is available in the Change Log.
Ezra Bible App is currently on a bi-monthly release schedule. The next release 1.4 is planned for December 2021. Here are some of the most noteworthy upcoming features:
- Enhanced full screen mode with circular verse context menu.
- Additional buttons for editing notes and copying to clipboard.
- Search scope parameter (OT/NT) for module search function.
- CSV export for user data.
Discussions on GitHub
To give feedback and discuss about Ezra Bible App feel free to participate in the discussions on GitHub.
To file issues (bug reports, feature requests, etc.) please use the Github issue system. Click here to file a new Issue for Ezra Bible App.
Have a look at Ezra Bible App’s GitHub repository to find out more about its development.